Saturday, October 8, 2016

Seville TRAVEL DAY

Oct 6, 2016 Seville to Tavira TRAVEL DAY
Our bus to Tavira left at 4:15pm and therefore we had an opportunity to explore other parts of Seville. And yes we got lost! The Camino Via de la Plata starts from Seville and I thought I could find the trail markers. I was not successful but I did find the old '92 Expo site. Interesting, and again an error turned into an opportunity and we were able to explore other parts of the city. As we made our way back to our hotel we saw a couple looking at their map and we offered our help. They both looked frustrated but the husband was furious. He let his views of the city be known and he couldn't find anything and this was the worst designed city. He was ready to exit this town. I understood his frustration. I felt the same a day ago, but now, after a few errors, I was beginning to understand the city layout. Too bad we're leaving today.  



Parish of Macerena

Seville ancient city wall still standing


It was only a 2.5-hour bus ride to Tavira and when we arrived, the change since 2013 was noticeable. There was more development and more tourists discovering this hidden gem. 

Tavira old bridge is still standing...not sure how much longer...pavement is crumbling and boards exposed.

No comments:

Post a Comment