Friday, September 17, 2010

September 16 Bercianos to Mansilla

Today was a little too much like home – we had rain during the first half of the walk. But of course it was warm rain. It would not be so bad, but the next bar/restaurant was not until 20km, and there were no opportunities to stop along the way. Also, the terrain was very similar to that of the last few days. This is the mental stage of el camino to overcome – temporary boredom.

Julie commented on my blog writing – that it's sounding too much like a travel guide and suggested I put a little more creativity in my writing. So here goes. My underwear is wearing out. Yes that is true and I believe Julie's is as well. I could tell when I was doing the laundry. This is not surprising when we've walked over 400km, and that equates to over 400,000 steps. Can you imagine the amount of constant rubbing and friction. There is no fabric that could withstand that kind of punishment. I'll bet you'll never read this in a travel book!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Mario! Just spare us the photos of the underwear.Congrats on passing the halfway mark.

    ReplyDelete