Saturday, October 6, 2012

Week 4 Genova and Nervi


Genova has a boating event from October 6 to 14 and therefore I thought this would not be a good time to stay in Genova with so many people. Much to our surprise we discovered that many of the hotels in outlying areas have been booked for this event. Hence it was difficult to find accommodations in Nervi, but we eventually we did, but at a much higher price than Genova. It is not surprising, given the beauty of the area. Nervi is a town that stretches along the sea side, with a small inner harbour. The boats are all stored away and the only boats we saw were kayakers practicing in the sheltered harbour. We bought a bottle of wine and some ice cream and enjoyed the afternoon in the harbour. Nervi also has a long boardwalk that stretches for 4 km, to the next town of Bogliasco that we will pass by tomorrow. The highlight of the day was my mishap on the rocky shore. It is such a beautiful shoreline and we walked down the steps leading to the water’s edge. Julie was ready to take my picture, but as I stepped the rocks I went sliding on my butt. Two men came to help and Julie made sure she got my picture.
Check out Picasa Week 4 photos Nervi (CTRL+Link to open in a new tab)

No comments:

Post a Comment