Sunday, December 10, 2017

Dec 9 Lucky Day

I've had two moments in my life where I could have been seriously injured or killed. Today I had my third experience. I'm usually very careful where I sit when I'm at the beach or pool with palm trees. This paranoia was the result of a movie I saw 20 years ago. I don't recall the name of the movie, which starred George (from Seinfeld), and there was a character who got hit on the head by a falling coconut. The movie was a comedy, but the coconut on the head was too realistic for me. Well, today when we went to the pool, I scanned the area, and the palm trees had no coconuts. We settled on our lounge chairs, resting nicely, when all of a sudden a palm tree branch came tumbling down.  I had no time to react and the branch hit my shoulder, cushioning the fall for Julie. I was bleeding and bruised, and five hotel staff come to help. And Julie reminded me that it could have been worse. Yes it could!

The tree on the right was the culprit.

Chiang Mai, around town

Poinsettia, a reminder of Christmas 

Most of the temple statues are so amazing.




The Ping River






A very pampered cat being guarded by this transformer


Monks do have a sense of humour 


The wall surrounding the old town. A perfect place to take wedding photos.

This temple is built with cardboard and packing tape, and
Scheduled for demolition today at 4:00pm.



No comments:

Post a Comment