Monday, September 17, 2018

Sept 16, Sunday, Figeac 25k

Stop! 
It was a beautiful day, sunny but cool. The trail was excellent and we met some new trekkers from England. During a section of the trail Julie was walking with one Brit and I with the other. All of a sudden I heard a loud whistle. I and the other trekker were so busy talking, we did not pay attention to the trail marks. I had given Julie a whistle for the trek and she made good use of it. After hearing the whistle we realized we were going in the wrong direction. Thank you Julie!

At the 16km point of the trek Julie heard a pop in her foot. She had been walking in pain for two days, and today was too much. She could not go any further. There was a young man cutting his lawn and he called a taxi for us. It was disappointing having to complete the last 9km by taxi. We'll see how serious an injury but I think this may be end of our camino.


Two trekkers from England that we walked with.


No comments:

Post a Comment